In 2018, Calkain introduced a $1,000 USD scholarship to encourage a career path in commercial real estate. Each year, the scholarship will be awarded to one full-time undergraduate or graduate student majoring in real estate or a related field. Selection is based on academic excellence and understanding of the field; preference is given to students with an interest in a career path working within the single tenant net lease market. The award must be used within 12 months after it is granted. Payment will be made directly to the applicant’s college or university.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be majoring/concentrating in Real Estate or related field of study
- Must be a sophomore or above (undergraduate applicants) or Masters/Doctoral candidate
- Must be a full-time student at a US accredited college or university
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed application form
- Personal statement (no more that 250 words) discussing career aspirations, involvement in real estate field, and/or any qualifications considered relevant by the applicant
- Short essay (400-500 words) discussing the current state of the net lease market and/or the commercial real estate market as a whole
- Copy of applicant’s resume
- One letter of recommendation attesting to applicant’s work ethic, character and pursuit of career in real estate field, sent by recommender directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be on the lookout for the 2019 eligibility requirements and application soon!