If you are looking for a real estate investment opportunity, you may want to contact Calkain. We help individuals just like yourself invest in the right properties. With one of our dedicated professional’s assistance, you may find the investment opportunity you’ve always dreamed about.
What Is Real Estate Investing?
In basic terms, real estate investing refers to acquiring a piece of tangible property and then finding a tenant to rent the property. The tenant is allowed access to the property for a certain length of time when he or she pays rent to the investor. There are many real estate investment opportunities out there, and they can be financially rewarding for investors.
What Are Different Types of Real Estate Investments?
If you are considering a real estate investment opportunity, you might be wondering about the different types of properties you can purchase. As a real estate investment broker can attest, you can invest in many types of different real estate, including:
- Commercial Real Estate: These investments mainly consist of office buildings and come with long-term leases. If your leases are locked in for several years, you can have guaranteed cash flow for a long time.
- Retail Real Estate: This real estate investment opportunity involves properties like strip malls and shopping centers. Sometimes the investor gets a percentage of a store’s retail sales.
- Residential Real Estate: With residential real estate, investors rent out apartments and houses to individuals and families. These leases usually are not long-term like commercial and retail leases are. In fact, most residential leases run 12 months. This allows investors to adjust to market conditions more quickly.
- Industrial Real Estate: Investors may also look into buying industrial real estate, which includes manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and assembly plants.
Real Estate Investing Mistakes to Avoid
Real estate investing can be quite profitable if you do it correctly. However, it is easy to make mistakes when you’re new to the game. Here are common real estate investing mistakes to avoid making:
- Not Educating Yourself First: Many first time investors make the mistake of not learning enough about the real estate market before investing in property. If you make an effort to learn the ins and outs of real estate investing from the professionals, you may be more successful.
- Failing to Create a Plan: In order to have success with real estate investing, you need to have a solid plan. Before you seek out any real estate investment opportunity, you should determine how you will find your leads, how many phone calls you will make per week and how many offers you will make every week.
- Not Looking Over Properties Thoroughly Enough: Before you invest in a property, you should carefully look it over at least three times. This gives you enough time to check a property for foundation cracks, hidden leaks and other issues.
If you are looking to find out more information about a real estate investment opportunity, you may want to call Calkain at 703-787-4714.Real Estate Investment Opportunity